BlackBox Essay Copyright Principles
These principles are designed to foster an online environment that promotes the promises and benefits of BlackBox Essay’s services and protects the rights of copyright owners.
The following represent the goals of these principles:
- the elimination of infringing content on BlackBox Essay and any related service;
- the encouragement of uploads of wholly original and authorised user-generated written content;
- the accommodation of fair use of copyrighted content on BlackBox Essay; and
- the protection of legitimate interests of user privacy.
- BlackBox Essay will include in relevant and conspicuous places information that promotes respect for intellectual property rights and discourages users from uploading infringing content.
- BlackBox Essay shall, from time to time, use content identification technology with the aim of identifying and eliminating from their services infringing user-uploaded written content.
- BlackBox Essay will monitor a contact email address for copyright owners claiming infringement to make a complaint. This email address is enquiries[at]BlackBox Essay. When sending a notice of infringement, copyright owners are requested to provide the URL identifying online locations where content that is the subject of notices of infringement is found
- Upon receipt of a notice of infringement that
contains sufficient detail for BlackBox Essay to confirm that infringement
has indeed taken place, BlackBox Essay will:
- respond to the notice within 7 days of receipt of the notice;
- remove the infringing content within 14 days of receipt of the notice;
- take reasonable steps to notify the person who uploaded the content, and
- inform the person making the notice of infringement when the content has been removed.
- BlackBox Essay will use reasonable efforts to track infringing uploads of copyrighted content by the same user and when we become aware of a user who is repeatedly infringing the copyright of others, we will promptly terminate their account.
- BlackBox Essay will provide information to help copyright owners take appropriate action against copyright infringers, so far as we are permitted to do so under the Data Protection Act.
BlackBox Essay request that if it can be shown that these principles have been adhered to in good faith, the copyright owner will not assert a claim of copyright infringement against BlackBox Essay with respect to infringing user-uploaded content that might remain on the BlackBox Essay website despite such adherence to these principles. A cooperative attitude will help us to create content-rich, valuable and infringement-free service.